When we think about our well-being, we immediately think about our health and our organs. But there are parts of the body that contribute to our well-being without our realizing it directly, such as our hair.
Precisely because it helps us to feel good, we must take proper care of it.
Therefore, if you have damaged hair and want to get it back in shape, then there are lots of good products to try.
There are two very large and popular companies in the sector: Olaplex and Oribe. In this article, we will in fact compare some products of these two manufacturers, listing their pros and cons.
Oribe vs Olaplex: Hair Treatments
Olaplex No.3 Hair Perfector
Olaplex was born as a complete restructuring and regenerating treatment for hair that is severely weakened, damaged, and stressed by various factors such as chemical processes, continuous exposure to heat sources and excessive use of products harmful to the hair fiber.
Formulated by the two chemists Eric Presley and Craig Hawker, it is a unique treatment in the world.
It is in fact characterized by a formulation with plant extracts and has the merit of acting directly at the heart of the hair through the assimilation process.
Unlike the usual products that act only superficially, Olaplex is assimilated by the hair day after day, like real medicine.
The improvements are effective and lasting over time. But above all visible, every day that passes since the product continues to act even after several washes.
There are three phases that make up the Olaplex treatment:
- Bond Multiplier — first phase. It is used as an additive for coloring or bleaching hair. It helps to limit damage and protects the hair, guaranteeing excellent results even in the case of very aggressive bleaching;
- Bond Perfector — second phase. It is a useful product for disciplining the hair and treating it intensively. It acts as a restructuring and regenerating agent;
- Hair Perfector No. 3 — third phase. Specific for maintaining the results obtained with the first two products, it can be carried out at home on a weekly basis. Regenerates the hair, making it strong, healthy and shiny. A real treat for hair.
Small but big. Great. Olaplex 3 is a special hair lotion with a consistency similar to that of a mask, silky and light, to be used at least once a week.
Its use is particularly recommended in case of excessively stressed hair, damaged by dyes, bleaching and continuous use of heat sources. And it is also and above all effective on hair that is apparently irreversibly damaged.
Oribe Gold Lust Masque
It is a nourishing and ultra-hydrating treatment designed for very dry and sensitized hair.
Furnished oils and plant extracts – such as white tea, jasmine and baobab extract – this treatment revitalizes and softens the hair. Leaving it light, soft, repaired, easy to comb and style, protected from damage by external agents.
It contributes to the reduction of split ends thanks to its repairing and restorative power, leaving the fiber not only soft and revitalized but also brighter, and delicately scented as if rejuvenated.
It is a product particularly suitable for medium / thick dry and sensitized hair.
To use the treatment, apply it to the lengths and ends with a gentle massage. Then leave it on for 5 minutes, then emulsify with water and rinse thoroughly.
To conclude the first part of the article we must talk about the prices. The price of the first one is about 20 dollars.
It is available on sale on Amazon.com, Ulta, and a few other places.
The truth is that everyone loves Olaplex. The No. 3 Hair Perfector helps seal broken links between bonds and strengthen hair.
However, it is quite expensive. The treatment comes in a very little bottle that gets exhausted quickly, even though it’s effective.
So, if you have long, thick hair, you’ll need to buy a lot of packages as you’ll go through them quickly. And if you’re on a tight budget, it may well be a no-go for you.
Oribe, on the other hand, is also effective and less pricey. However, it may not be as effective as Olaplexwith some people claiming it dries their hair.
Oribe vs Olaplex: Hair Oils
Olaplex No.7 Bonding Oil
Repairing oil for very damaged hair. It is a golden infusion that gives instant beauty and strength. A unique oil, considered among the best hair oils of the year.
It is the seventh step of the Olaplex regenerating treatment, an ultra-concentrated and light repairing oil for hair.
It is suitable for all types of hair, especially for very damaged hair which it repairs and sublimates by acting directly on the damaged disulfide bridges which it repairs instantly.
A valid ally for styling, suitable for any type of hair, from the driest to the fattest, from the thickest to the strongest.
It is a unique hair oil in the world because it does not act from the outside but does it directly from the inside, at the heart of the hair fiber that it restores and strengthens.
Olaplex 7 is more than a hair oil, a complete treatment useful for protecting from heat up to 230 degrees and completely eliminating frizz. Ideal for damaged hair to strengthen, brighten and soften.
It can be used alone or combined with treatments from the Olaplex range, on damp, wet, or dry hair.
- Using Alone: up to 4 drops distributed and dabbed before or after shampooing, before styling, or as the final stage of styling to illuminate and hydrate
- Combined with other Olaplex treatments: before or after Olaplex shampoo, integrated with Olaplex conditioner, after Olaplex No. 3, after or mixed with Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother.
The effects are immediate, lasting if use is constant over time. It can be used every day.
Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil
Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil Who will love it Perfect for all hair types.
Works beautifully on damaged and treated hair. When to use it To regenerate hair and bring it back to the same state as virgin hair: it strengthens, smoothes, conditions.
Prevents damage and protects, without weighing it down. Protects from heat and reduces drying times. How to use Apply to damp hair. Add on the tips, at the end of the style, for extra shine, nourishment and frizz control.
It has several features:
- Oribe Signature Complex (Watermelon, Lychee and Edelweiss flower extracts from the Swiss Alps) protects the hair from oxidative stress, dehydration, and aging caused by sun damage and protects the intensity of the color.
- A special blend of emollients conditions and softens the hair without weighing it down.
- Argan oil creates shine, and softness and is an excellent anti-frizz.
- Jasmine Oil soothes dry, irritated skin and creates shine.
- Extracts of Sandalwood, Cork extract from Amur Oak and Barley extract form an exclusive blend optimized to stimulate cuticles and improve hydration, repairing split ends.
- Currant oil with Omega-6 and Omega-3 moisturizes and strengthens.
- Shea Butter, rich in Vitamin F, deeply hydrates dry hair and improves elasticity.
Final Words: Oribe or Olaplex?
Your best option is Olaplex. Because it just works. Plenty of reviews and a lot of products to choose from. The downside is the price.
Also, Olaplex is a very popular product and you are probably not going to be able to get discounts or lower prices anywhere. So, if you’re not too sure about the budget, go for Oribe.
Not quite as effective as Olaplex, and may have some side effects Olaplex doesn’t have, but it’s something.
- Kevin Murphy vs Oribe
- Davines vs Aveda: Battle of the Hair Color Shampoos
- Keranique vs Kerastase Shampoos: K for Hair (And a Battle…)
We earn commissions if you purchase thru our link. Majority of products aren’t tested by the site owner (except a few). Content is from the research and feedback of users.