A high sugar intake spikes blood sugar levels which damages hair follicles and can accelerate hair loss.
Sugar also causes inflammation of the scalp which leads to loss of quality and quantity of hair.
It could also lead to a dry scalp, dandruff, and damaged hair follicle. Knowing this, why should you even continue reading?
Just stay away from this brand, Raw Sugar – or maybe don’t. How about the full gist?
Does Raw Sugar Shampoo Cause Hair Loss?
No, Raw Sugar shampoo does not cause hair loss. The shampoo has hair-friendly ingredients that will nourish your hair and keep it healthy. Aside from your shampoo, there are possible underlying factors that may cause hair loss. I’ll be covering these factors as well as possible solutions and steps you can take to minimize/stop hairfall.
A Little About Raw Sugar Shampoo
Raw Sugar is a personal care brand in the cosmetic industry that provides a natural contrast to lab-formulated products.
A shampoo made up of natural products is, by all means, a better alternative to a lab-formulated one, especially because you’re applying it to your scalp.
The scalp is rather more sensitive than some other parts of the skin and tends to give one a terrible experience when it comes in contact with irritants.
A natural alternative greatly reduces the chance of one’s body reacting to it or suffering from an allergic reaction caused by its ingredients.
And if not anything, it frees one from the clutch of the constant worry associated with health concerns regarding ingredients used in lab-formulated products.
No more worrying about whether formaldehyde actually causes irritation to the scalp as some people complain, or if it can’t be factually stated because it has not been scientifically proven.
Raw Sugar gives you that option, a less stressed mind.
Raw Sugar Shampoo: The Ingredient List
But not all brands that claim natural are fully-natural.
Some do still have chemical compounds added to their products, and this demeans the natural label of products.
The shampoo uses raw sugar as its main formula and a long list of ingredients, fragrance included.
*Water, Cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium sulfonate, sodium lauryl isethionate, sodium glutamate, activated charcoal, guar, fragrance, cold-pressed extracts, dehydroacetic acid, benzyl alcohol, d-panthenol, moringa seed oil, butter extract, and others.
You can read the full ingredient list here.
How Sugar Consumption Affects You
Like earlier mentioned, sugar has its risk when consumed without moderation, but it is a little different when not consumed through the mouth.
With the right amount in check, sugar is quite advantageous in shampoo formulation:
It exfoliates the scalp and removes dead skin cells which allows the conditioners in hair products to clean and moisturize hair more effectively.
Sugar also gives the hair a softer and silkier feel.
Possible Causes of Hair Loss
1. Overusing Hair Masks and Deep conditioners
If you’re constantly deep conditioning your hair using masks and deep conditioners, it can dry out your hair, and therefore cause your hair to fall out. Also, if you’re using them as a leave-in conditioner, that can have the same effect.
So, it’s important to go back, understand their main purpose and use them appropriately. If you want a leave-in conditioner, buy one and don’t short cut.
2. Unbalanced Hormone Levels
If your hormone level isn’t in a balanced state, then that can also cause hair loss. The best way of evaluating this is to evaluate how you’ve been using the product and when your hair loss begins.
If you had no hair loss before using Maui Moisture, then it might be the culprit. But if you’ve been using the product for a while and the problem surfaced much later, then you have other things to consider.
3. Your Hair Lack Moderate Protein to Moisture Ratio
You want to make sure that the ratio of protein to moisture in your hair is equal and balanced. If there is too much moisture and a lack of protein, it can lead to dry hair and ultimately hair loss.
Also, if you have a deficiency in either might have the same effect. If you are not sure, you can get help from your stylist who will help evaluate your hair condition and make recommendations.
4. Washing too Frequently
When you shampoo too frequently, you risk losing essential nutrients, oils, and moisture in your hair. That can damage the hair and make you shred hair fast.
So, it’s important to have a routine and stick to it. There is nothing bad about only washing once a week, in fact, that’s what is recommended especially if you’re using a clarifying shampoo. If your shampoo is too frequent, expect problems like this to pop up.
5. Color-treated or Chemically-processed Hair
If you have colored your hair or passed it through the chemical process, there are only so many products you can use.
If this is the case, it may be that the shampoo from the brand isn’t good for your hair. So, you need to avoid it and find another brand.
Some Tips that Might Help
- As mentioned before, see a specialist to evaluate your hair’s current condition. Don’t blame your products blindly. Even your diet can affect your skin and hair health. The only way to uncover the underlying causes of hair loss is to do this. Once health issues have been ruled out, then it’s time to scrutinize your hair care products.
- Another thing you can do is to switch to cruelty-free, silicone-free, and gluten-free products. Specifically, products that are free from harsh chemicals like paraben.
- Also, consider switching out your shampoo and conditioner for a month. Don’t use anything and see what happens. If your hair starts getting better, then it might be the Maui Moisture products. If there is no improvement, you know it’s not the cause of the issue in the first place.
- Lastly, and this is related to the above, try and get in touch with others that have similar hair types as you and see what they’re using. In the event that you want to switch brands or test another product, this will help you understand products that will match your hair type and not give you problems.
Final Words on Raw Sugar Shampoo
In conclusion, does Raw Sugar shampoo cause hair loss? No!
But you are likely to experience irritation and brittle hairs with unregulated use.
You may also experience more adverse side effects if you have a sensitive scalp/skin.
You are advised to discontinue use shall irritation occur.
But apart from that, Raw Sugar is a great option to consider, the products are animal cruelty-free and also free from sulfates, parabens, and phthalate.
- Does Wow Shampoo Cause Hair Loss?
- Does Kirkland Shampoo Cause Hair Loss?
- Does Monday Shampoo Cause Hair Loss?
- Does Aussie Shampoo Cause Hair Loss?
- Is Nexxus Shampoo Good for your Hair?
We earn commissions if you purchase thru our link. Majority of products aren’t tested by the site owner (except a few). Content is from the research and feedback of users.